Stamm Spring/Summer '24 Copenhagen Fashionweek


 

 

 


Collection title: Don’t Stop, We’re Dreaming 

"When I started this season's creative process for Stamm, I felt the need to bring something genuine from my hear", says Danish designer Elisabet Stamm of her Spring/Summer '24 collection. "I knew I wanted to bring the silhouettes I had just introduced, and I wanted to keep creating room for movement and clothes with dimension, she shares. To stay in love with what I do, I had to ask myself, 'What makes me feel joyful?'- 'What is luxury to me?'
I wanted to bring all the sustainable fabrics and my best recycled founds of fabrics, but before that I wanted to bring what I reignited during this process; a youthful energy unlimited and not to be denied by any age, an open exchange with people who inspire me. 
I didn’t say a word until I was three years old. Then I spoke a full sentence. Since then I only spoke if it was an absolute must. I had one brother and ten cousins, all boys, and I wasn’t the sweet princess my aunties had hoped for. I remember hearing ‘She’s very shy, she’s really her own’. I wasn’t shy. I was quiet and I knew that even if I spoke they wouldn’t actually hear me. I day-dreamed. I let all the adults voices become a backdrop only buzzing in my ears as if you hear your neighbors having a loud party at night. 
I had two imaginary friends; Janus and Yanting. They were courageous and fun, they made me do all sorts of things. They cut my hair so that all the other kids thought I was a boy. They also helped me hide, once to a point where my parents called the police thinking that I went missing. 
Animals were my friends, more than people. I gave all of them names, and since my dad had a farm there was many. In my teen room I had birds, turtles, and we always had dogs. We had four dogs all called Chili. We did weddings for the ponies and dressed them up. I always did photoshoots with my dogs and so we did with the ponies too. I styled and directed (the photoshoots) and then I rode on my bike to develop the images from the camera roll. Later on, I felt more connected to 2Pac, Aaliyah, Snoop Dogg and Eminem on MTV than the two kids who lived next door." 
A journey of reflection, with Stamm looking to what brought her joy, fulfilment and a sense of belonging; tracing right back to her childhood. One of these joyfull aspects of her life has been horseriding and her love  for hip hop from a young age. Bringing Silvana Imam, who Stamm describes as a 'badass rapper' on the runway performing her debut song ‘Likbil’ during the final of the collection. With this self-assured direction, growing commitment to sustainability and her own authenticity, Stamm feels like an exploding rave, ahead of a new trending Scandinavian fashion scene. 

No comments